Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour
2 chicken breast, chopped into small chunks
1 chorizo ring, sliced
2 bulbs of crushed garlic
1 red pepper sliced.
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp of tomato puree
Salt, pepper and mixed herbs to taste
Coconut oil to fry ingredients
- Fry the chicken in a large frying pan on a medium heat until slightly browned.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, garlic and pepper and fry for a few minutes before adding the courgette, aubergine and chorizo. Continue frying until the courgette and aubergine are cooked through, adding more coconut oil if needed.
- Transfer the ingredients into a large saucepan. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and seasoning.
- Bring the ingredients to boil and then reduce to simmer for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Serve into a bowl and leave to stand for 5 minutes. This dish is so much nicer warm as opposed to boiling hot!